Yes, Master: Unnatural Resources
This entry of “Yes, Master” may not be of total interest to those of you outside ChiTown, but there’s still some good Google keywords for you folks out there who are into S&M toys, threads, and events.
The other night I was thinking to myself that it can be hard to find a clear, solid, concise list of general sites for kink lifestylers. I decided to create one that I put on my personal Master Aiden blog. Like I said, it’s more for Chicago people, but maybe you’ll enjoy it as well even if you’re not here in the same city with me.
Rather than having infinite choices (and we know that the Internet provides those for us, for better and for worse) sometimes it is better to reign things in and go for the best that’s out there as of now.
The resources given below are dependable. For example, one time I ordered a pair of leather boots for $175 from an unreliable online retailer, but I never got them. By providing the names of places and sites that are trustworthy, hopefully you’ll avoid the same thing. They’re the stores and sites that I go to, order from, and frequent.
So here we go.
Overall, there are many places to find great BDSM gear both in The Windy City and online. Chicago is a BDSM city— no doubts about that. Events and places of interest are plentiful.
Where To Get BDSM Gear and Fetish Clothing in Chicago (quality gear, affordable prices, nice people):
- Leather Sport store on Halstead in Boystown
- Mephisto Leathers store on Clark in Rogers Park, close to Andersonville
- Belmont Army Surplus (3rd floor!) store at Clark & Belmont
Order BDSM Gear and Fetish Clothing from Anywhere Online (legit, professional, dependable, great stuff):
- Mr. S Leather based in San Francisco, CA. Everything you want is here. Look no further.
- Stockroom based in Los Angeles, CA
- Fort Troff based in Atlanta, GA
- Slick It Up based in New York City, NY
- SpandexMan based in New York City, NY
- N2N based in Los Angeles, CA
- Leather Etc. based in San Francisco, CA
- Extreme Restraints (online supplier only)
Socialize (the sites to meet new friends and fellow kinksters online; free memberships):
- Fetlife (think Facebook for Masters, Mistresses, slaves, and perverts; intelligent and a great source for event notifications)
- Recon (for gay and bi guys only)
- Collar Me (men, women, trans, gay, straight, bi, etc.)
Leather Bars in Chicago:
- Touche on Clark in Rogers Park
- Jackhammer and The Hole (2 in 1!….and right next door to Touche)
Go Visit in Chicago:
- Leather Archives and Museum
- 1901 Gallery
- Exit Bar
Annual BDSM Events in Chicago (while they occur around the same times every year, the specific dates change year by year, so please visit their respective sites):
- International Mr. Leather aka IML (end of May)
- Shibaricon (end of May; same weekend as IML)
- LGBT Pride (end of June; signifigant Leather presence and dependable S&M parties)
- Market Days (beginning of August; signifigant Leather presence and dependable S&M parties)
- Crimson Moon (big play parties every July and October)
- Kinky College (mid to end of October)
- Halloween (there are always a ton of BDSM events in Chicago at this time of the year)
- Mr. International Rubber (early November)
- New Years (you can depend of there being plenty of kinky events to choose from on NYE)
- Join Fetlife. STRONGLY suggested. This site keeps you perfectly up-to-date on local BDSM events and play parties at bars, dungeons, etc. Fantastic social network and surprisingly no-fuss.
- Join Recon. Enthusiastic kinksters as well as international BDSM events listings.
- Visit this site, BrownBearsSW, which is a reliably up-to-date online calendar to see what’s going on night-by-night for BDSM kinksters in the Chicago area (which bars to go to, what parties to attend, special events, etc.).
First time here? See what we're all about... Get involved... Send us a tip!...