Not Your Average Prom Queen: Top Ten Halloween Costumes For Lesbians
Halloween is swiftly approaching and you ladies who like ladies might be looking for some clever costume ideas. Because, for me at least, the sexy cat/sexy nurse/sexy cowgirl/ sexy accountant genre doesn’t really fit my style, I thought I’d share a list of costume suggestions this week – with plenty of time before the 31st to prepare.
10. Bike Messenger – you pretty much dress like this anyway, and riding your bike to the party will seem like commitment to the costume, rather than the poignant statement about the destructive nature of car culture that it usually represents.
9. Pro-Choice/Animal Rights Protester – just grab some of your picket signs and a bloody t-shirt from last weekend, or the weekend before.
8. Virginia Woolf/Emily Dickenson/Eleanor Roosevelt – don a gray suit and let your nerdom shine. You may think you are clever dressing as one of these iconic women, but people will probably think you are a couple years late on the Sarah Palin costume.
7. Pu$$y Magnet – Tape stuffed cats to your body. This costume is perfect for the single girl looking to not get laid.
6. Softball Player – another easy costume you already have. If you weren’t on a softball team, surely your girlfriend was.
5. Justin Beiber – you already have the haircut, and the shiny button down shirt, too.
4. White “Imagine” T-shirt – when people ask about your costume, just say “I’m a Gine.”
3. Cat/Cat Lady/ Cat Scratching Post – just like guys deciding to dress as football players, it’s always a go-to costume to dress as the only thing you really love.
2. Gynecologist – at least you can speak convincingly about the anatomy before and after a few cocktails.
1. A Lesbian – throw on a flannel and your favorite jeans and you’ve got a costume. You don’t even need makeup. So ironic.
Any other clever ideas for this Halloween?
First time here? See what we're all about... Get involved... Send us a tip!...